[Press release] The Saint Lucia Public Service will once again join the United Nations in celebrating Public Service Day on June 23, 2018. This day is dedicated to celebrating the value and virtue of public service to the community; highlighting the contribution of public service in the development process; recognizing the work of public servants, and encouraging young people to pursue careers in the public sector.
The theme for this year’s celebration is “Transforming our Public Service: Building Excellence and Promoting Good Governance through Recognition of Outstanding Service.”
The Department of Public Service will be commemorating Public Service Day 2018, with a week of activities (June 18 to 23, 2018) that will include:
- Recognition of Outstanding Public Service (Profiles of Public Officers will be featured in the media for the entire week);
- Job Shadowing Day scheduled for Tuesday, June 19, 2018from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at the various Government Agencies;
- an Ecumenical Service scheduled for Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at 9:30 a.m., at the Minor Basilica of the Immaculate Conception;
- a Public Lecture which will be held on Thursday, June 20, 2018 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.;
- an Open House to be hosted on Friday, June 22, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the respective Government Agencies;
- Futsal Competition to be held on Saturday, June 23, 2018from 12:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., at the Darren Sammy Cricket Ground.
A press launch of Public Service Week will be held on Monday, June 04, 2018, at the Finance Administrative Centre, Pointe Seraphine, Castries, from 9:00 a.m.