The Iyanola Council for the Advancement of Rastafari Incorporated (ICAR Inc.) will be holding a series of activities to celebrate Emancipation Day from the 26th July to the 1st August, 2017 under the theme “Reparation and Repatriation Now.” Please find below the programme of events for the celebration of Emancipation Day 2017.
The main objectives of this years’ celebration are:
- To create an awareness and sensitization amongst the St. Lucian populace on the impact of Slavery and Colonialization of the Black Race in terms of culture, economic development and growth, family structure and nation development;
- To create an environment for St. Lucians to demonstrate support and show solidarity for dismantling the chains of mental slavery that affect black people in the west; and
- To promote the need for “Reparation and Repatriation Now.”
These objectives will be achieved through the following activities:
ACTIVITIES TO BE UNDERTAKEN FOR EMANCIPATION DAY CELEBRATIONS
- Lectures will be conducted in two (2) selected communities, on 27th July in the village of Anse La Raye and on the 28th July in the community of Micoud;
- Radio and Television Programmes, during the period 25th to 28th July;
- The Emancipation Day March will be held in the Village/Community of Anse La Raye on the 1st August 2017 from 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm, followed by key addresses from key speakers, including Ministers of government, cultural actives, CDF and ICAR Inc. personnel.
- Musical and Cultural show will be held in the Village/Community of Anse La Raye on Front Street from 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm.
The Village/Community of Anse La Raye has been selected to serve as the center for the celebration of “Emancipation Day 2017.” This year the Emancipation Day March (August 1st) will be held in Anse La Raye, along with the Music and Cultural Show. A lecture session has also been planned for the 27th July at the Anse La Raye Primary School from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
ICAR Inc. calls on all its members and members of the public to support and participate in this years’ Emancipation Day March, Music and Cultural Show in Anse La Raye on August 1st from 3:00 pm to 10:30 pm.
COME ONE, COME ALL. LET US EMANCIPATE OURSELVES FROM MENTAL SLAVERY.
Mr. Michael G. Andrew, President of ICAR Inc. at 758-724-7982