Home / News Updates / Gov’t Extends Condolences following Manchester terror attack

Gov’t Extends Condolences following Manchester terror attack

OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER May 23, 2017

Press Release

Saint Lucia Government Extends Condolences Following Deadly Explosion in Manchester Saint Lucia’s Prime Minister Honourable Allen Chastanet has described the attack on Monday in Manchester, England, as horrific and an attack against peace in the world.

The attack has left 22 people dead and over 50 persons injured.

“It is with tremendous sadness that we extend condolences to the British following this horrific and heartless attack in Manchester which took so many innocent lives of children and adults simply enjoying a concert,”

said Prime Minister Allen Chastanet.

“On behalf of the Government and People of Saint Lucia we express deep sorrow and offer sympathy at this time to the people of Manchester and all the families affected by this heinous act. We also extend our sympathies to the staff of the British High Commission here in Saint Lucia and to our friends in the United Kingdom. Our thoughts are with you at this time.”

While condemning the attack the Prime Minister also expressed solidarity in the fight against acts of terror.

Said the Prime Minister:

“We stand with Britain at this time and condemn this act and all acts of terror.”

Check Also

SECURITY MINISTER FOLLOWS UP ON CRIME SYMPOSIUM RECOMMENDATIONS

The Proposed National Security Council From Last Year’s Crime Symposium Was Presented To Cabinet This …

Let us know what you think!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: