Home / News Updates / CUSTOMS WORKERS BACK ON THE JOB
CSA assistant General Secretary Mac Stephen Aubertin

CUSTOMS WORKERS BACK ON THE JOB

Operations at the Vieux Fort docks are back to normal after customs officers withdrew their labor on 5 February, over what they claim were a number of unresolved issues.

CSA assistant General Secretary Mac Stephen Aubertin told News4orce that last week, the union received a call from the shop steward at the Vieux Fort branch of the Customs & Excise Department.

He says the shop steward indicated that employees had issues with the working environment.

According to him, SLASPA had promised to effect repairs in order to make conditions more conducive for work.

Aubertin says SLASPA responded immediately with a meeting held last week, promising workers correspondence indicating the commencement of works.

But he says that the letter was inconclusive, and the Union requested that SLASPA provide a more concrete plan.

They agreed, and a second letter was received on Monday.

Aubertin reiterated that strike action is a last resort and will only be taken when all other avenues of diplomacy have been exhausted.

Check Also

BAD NEWS FOR WING LOVERS, CHICKEN IMPORTATION BAN

The veterinary and livestock services division is taking steps to safeguard the public from the …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.